Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Skill Level: Easy
Sticker Shock: $$$$
Taste: ★★★★

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and we had her over for dinner. She loves oatmeal raisin cookies, so I thought I'd find a low-carb recipe and try them out. I don't get into cookies that much, and oatmeal raisin is not my favorite, but these were good. We all enjoyed them. Jeff, my husband, said he actually thought they were a little too sweet for his taste, which says a lot for a low-carb/diabetic-friendly cookie recipe I'd say! These also have much fewer ingredients than a lot of cookie recipes I've seen, so it was easy to make these without a trip to the store first.

Ingredients:

3 medium bananas mashed (overripe bananas have a higher carb content, so be sure to choose fresh bananas)
2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup seedless raisins
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and let stand for 5 minutes so that the oats will absorb excess moisture.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Let cool for 1 minute on baking sheets and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Nutrition information: Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51.5, Total Fat: 2.1g, Sodium: 20.9mg, Total Carbs: 7.7g, Dietary Fiber: 0.9g, Protein: 0.9g

No comments: