Monday, August 25, 2008

Balsamic Pork Chops

Skill Level: Easy
Sticker Shock: $$
Taste: ★★★

If you're looking for an incredibly easy pork chop recipe, this is the one for you. It didn't live up to my flavor expectations, but marinated meats rarely do for some reason. I even marinated the chops for the full 24 hours.

My family enjoyed it; my daughter, who very rarely eats much of her dinner at all (and especially not meat), actually said she liked it.

Ingredients:

8 boneless pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing

Directions:

Place chops in large, re-sealable bag; add vinaigrette dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.

Prepare medium-hot grill. Remove chops from marinade and pat dry. Discard remaining marinade.

Grill chops directly over heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.

Nutrition information: Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210, Total Fat: 11.7g, Sodium: 351.2mg, Total Carbs: 3.9g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Protein: 20.4g

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love using salad dressings as marinades! The other night I bought a package of thin cut chip steaks that were on sale. It cost me like $2 for a package of 4 steaks. Great deal!!! Anyway, I chopped it into sqaures (roughly) and sauteed chopped potatoes and thick cut onions in my frying pan. I then added the steak and then half a bottle of Ken's light Walnut-Raspberry Vinagrette. Oh my goodness! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I ate and ate and ate until I thought I was going to barf. I waited an hour and then kept picking at the pan on the stove until again I felt I was going to barf. I had the leftovers the next day and it was still just as yummy!

Mmmm, anyway, thanks for sharing this recipe. Its so easy! Although, I must say it doesn't sound as yummy as my concoction. Hehehehe

Anna said...

Sharline, that does sound yummy, except for the barfing part, of course. ;-)