Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies

Skill Level: Easy
Sticker Shock: $$$$
Taste: ★★★★

I thought these turned out quite yummy! My husband, kids, and parents-in-law seemed to enjoy them, too. I used fat-free cream cheese because it's what I had on hand, and I did 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup Splenda. They still turned out great. The nutrition information provided is for the recipe as written below. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

cooking spray
8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and line with a 12 inch piece of parchment paper. Spray paper with nonstick cooking spray; place a second sheet of 12 inch parchment in the opposite direction so they lay crisscrossed. Spray second sheet with cooking spray; set aside.

Place cream cheese and sour cream in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add in the cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, and eggs, blending until smooth, scraping the sides of container at least once.

Pour into baking dish and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips. Bake on middle rack until just set, about 35-40 minutes.

Place on cooling rack for 20-30 minutes, then in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Lift brownies out of pan using the parchment paper as handles, cut into 9 even squares.

Nutrition information: Servings Per Recipe: 9; Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140, Total Fat: 4.6g, Sodium: 44.4mg, Total Carbs: 20.8g, Dietary Fiber: 0.6g, Protein: 4.2g

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OH MY!!! I think I will have to try this out. It sure sounds yummy!

I love your blog! It's fun to see what you are doing and eating. :-B

Anna said...

I'm glad you like it. I hope you enjoy the brownies sometime soon. :-)